Highlights from Current Issue
• Supreme Court grants mandamus relief and holds that trial court erred by allowing the plaintiffs to amend their complaint two years after they filed their original action and after a material witness had died, thereby prejudicing the defendant.
• Court of Civil Appeals affirms trial court’s finding that husband of hospice worker who was killed in an automobile accident on her way home from seeing patients was entitled to workers’ compensation benefits based on the “going and coming” rule.
• Court of Civil Appeals reverses trial court’s modification of custody holding that improvements in the mother’s life since the entry of the last custody order were insufficient to meet the McLendon standard.
Find all the latest relevant, local news right here! Do you have something you'd like to include? Please email us!
Get up-to-date on these and other new developments, with Alabama Law Weekly. It's the most efficient way to keep up with the latest law changes with a minimum investment of your valuable time.
And coupled with AlaLaws.com, it gives you a powerful research tool to help you find Alabama cases for just pennies a day. The newsletter's quick summaries keep you abreast of cases as they come down each week.
Plus, As an Alabama Law Weekly subscriber, you get easy online access to a comprehensive database of cases, so you can view and print out the full text of opinions you've read about in the newsletter -- or search for cases on point with your legal issues.
Or, if you prefer, you can call our case copy hotline - 1-800-ALA-LAWS - and we'll email, fax, or mail you a copy of an opinion.
* Summaries of all Supreme Court, Courts
of Civil and Criminal Appeals delivered weekly |
* Low subscription rate for firms
and sole practitioners
: Learn more
: Sign up
* Searchable summaries AND opinion full
* 24/7 database access from 1997
to current cases
* Newsletter archives
* Cumulative index
Sign up now!
To learn details about some of the more notable decisions of 2008