Highlights from Current Issue
• Supreme Court refuses to extend state immunity to healthcare authority and holds that it is liable for $3.2 million medical malpractice judgment.
• Supreme Court grants mandamus relief and holds that trial court erred by refusing to transfer action arising out of automobile accident to county where accident occurred and witnesses were located.
• Court of Civil Appeals clarifies procedures to be used where payor spouse seeks to terminate an alimony obligation
Get up-to-date on these and other new developments, with Alabama Law Weekly. It's the most efficient way to keep up with the latest law changes with a minimum investment of your valuable time.
And coupled with AlaLaws.com, it gives you a powerful research tool to help you find Alabama cases for just pennies a day. The newsletter's quick summaries keep you abreast of cases as they come down each week.
Plus, As an Alabama Law Weekly subscriber, you get easy online access to a comprehensive database of cases, so you can view and print out the full text of opinions you've read about in the newsletter -- or search for cases on point with your legal issues.
Or, if you prefer, you can call our case copy hotline - 1-800-ALA-LAWS - and we'll email, fax, or mail you a copy of an opinion.
* Summaries of all Supreme Court, Courts
of Civil and Criminal Appeals delivered weekly |
* Low subscription rate for firms
and sole practitioners
: Learn more
: Sign up
* Searchable summaries AND opinion full
* 24/7 database access from 1997
to current cases
* Newsletter archives
* Cumulative index
Sign up now!
To learn details about some of the more notable decisions of 2008